The British International School, Phuket (BISP) Tennis Academy offers a complete structure to build players from grassroots to high-performance.
Located on the paradise island of Phuket, BISP offers a solid infrastructure with three indoor and three outdoor courts giving the high-quality GPTCA-certified team of coaches the chance to work with their players all year round.
BISP has a scholarship structure that allows high-performance players from all around the world to join the school and the programme. These students have the option to stay in boarding houses on campus and train over 20 hours a week in a one-of-a-kind high-performance programme.
BISP also welcomes those wishing to embark on a new journey within the sport, such as adult and novice players. The Tennis Academy has an adult clinic for beginners, intermediates, and advanced players every morning from Monday to Friday and private lessons for those interested in working their game with professional coaches.
From red ball to high performance, BISP Tennis Academy guides its students through a complete pathway structure that nurtures young toddlers into advanced players.
· Red: Little ones taking their first steps into the game (5 to 7 years old)
· Orange: the penultimate stage before playing on a full-sized court, helping players develop all the different shots and providing fun competition.
· Green: Green ball is an excellent way for players to continue their progress from orange ball mini tennis. It is played on a full tennis court and is the next stage of development before playing with a full compression ball. This helps players work on and improve all aspects of their game.
· Yellow: Yellow Ball is a group for players that wish to continue their pathway through the BISP structure and who have arrived at a level where the coloured ball stages have guided them to "real tennis".
· Elite Squad: The elite program is for advanced players competing nationally and internationally. This group is designed for young players looking to take their game to the next level under a more focused and supervised environment. Ages vary and will depend on skill and level of play. An interview and skill demonstration with the Tennis Director is required to be considered/accepted into this squad.
· Competition: The competition group is designed for those who wish to excel at their game with a higher quantity of hours during the week, and who are also looking to become part of the high-performance program. An interview and skill demonstration is required to be accepted into this squad.
BISP offers a one-of-a-kind high-performance tennis programme in Thailand to specialise players from an early age. The Head of Performance is a former professional player and the structure is tailor-made to cover all aspects of a tennis player's development.
The high-performance tennis programme offers:
- 2-3 hours of daily tennis training
- 1 to 1.5 hours of specific fitness daily training
- Training Six times a week (Mon-Sat)
- 4 max players per court
- Travel to national and international based competitions
- Optional private and semi-privates to work on specifics
- An interview and skill demonstration with the Tennis Director and Head of Performance required to be considered/accepted into the squad
From beginners to advanced, BISP offers a wide variety of group lessons for all adults to join during the year. In addition, every morning from Monday to Friday, adult clinics take place under the strict supervision of our Tennis Director, who has worked with adults for the past 25 years, giving the tools to build a fantastic adult’s program for all sorts of players to enjoy.
Private lessons are also widely available with the group of expert coaches.
Please contact Tennis Director Gill Lemore for more information on private lesson availability and booking.